How To Style Curtain Bangs
Curtain bangs are bangs that are parted down the middle and swept to the sides. They resemble curtains and are great for framing the face. If you’ve got new curtain bangs but don’t know how to style them, this article is for you. We will fill you in on several ways to style your curtain bangs.
Flat Iron Curls
Whether your curtain bangs are thin, thick, short, or long, you can curl them to add body and shape. Use the following instructions to do flat iron curls:
- Pull your bangs to the front. Take your time to separate the bangs from the rest of your hair.
- Using a flat iron, straighten the roots and midshaft of your bangs. Then, when you get almost to the ends, turn your wrist slightly outward to create a curl.
- Use a single hair roller to roll up your bangs while they are still warm from the flat iron. Ensure that you roll them downward.
- Flat iron the rest of your hair, leaving a subtle curl at the ends. Curl small sections to add volume and movement.
- Remove the roller from your bands and then use a comb to part your bangs down the middle.
- Comb the bangs gently and use your fingers to lay the bangs down on each side.
Sailor Moon Bangs
If you’re feeling ambitious, you can style your bangs to look just like Sailor Moon’s! Sailor Moon bangs give you a more retro look, with tighter curls that closely frame the face.
Instructions for the style are below:
- Part your bangs down the middle.
- Separate each side of your bangs in half vertically so that there are four sections.
- Use a flat iron to curl each of the four sections into the shape of a C. Each curl should go towards the middle of your face. To create the curls, clamp the flat iron down at the roots of your hair and turn your wrist outward at a 45-degree angle as you pass the flat iron through each section.
- Use your fingers to form the curls into perfect Cs.
- Allow the curls to cool, and then flip the bottom portions of the middle curls backward.
- Gently comb through the bangs for volume.
- Wear the rest of your hair up in a ponytail, down in waves, or however else you’d like.
Round Brush Bangs
If you’re not into using heat on your bangs, that’s okay! You can use a round brush to style your bangs. Here’s how:
- While your bangs are damp, apply a moisturizer or slippery leave-in conditioner to your bangs. This will make the brushing process less painful.
- Direct your bangs up and out at a 45-degree angle with one hand.
- Place the brush at your roots and twist upward so the hair will adhere to the brush.
- Pull the brush upward and then twist it until your ends are wrapped around the brush (you may have to do this repeatedly).
- Use your blow dryer to dry your bangs thoroughly while they are wrapped around the brush.
- Pull the brush through your bangs to release them.
- Use your fingers to direct your bangs backward on both sides.
Now you know three great ways to style your curtain bangs. We hope that this article makes the styling process easier.
Author: Andrea Reyes
Andrea is a mother, wife, writer, and natural hair enthusiast of 15 years. Currently on her natural hair journey, she’s been trying countless products and techniques to understand and embrace her natural hair. She is the creator of NaturallyTextured.com, a new website featuring informative articles that share tips, tricks, and techniques aimed to help others learn to love their hair through proper hair care. She writes with the hope of making hair care easier to understand and implement.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published